Wednesday, September 23, 2009

we're covered in dust ...

I don't think I'll ever forget today. Sydney has been covered in a fine red dust...and the feeling has been really eery!

Aidan woke me at around 3am, wanting me to look at the sky. At that stage it was pink....and my first thought was that the world was coming to an end. It was surreal. By the time we woke in the morning...everything was blood red! I've never seen anything like it.

Here's some pics.

Sydney Harbour Bridge
Circular Quay looking across to the Opera House
(before and after)
The Sydney Skyline
Wattle Grove
(our local area)

and this shot I took while waiting for the train this morning.


So now the clean up starts. A fine red dust has settled through the house. It's going to take ages to get rid of. Hope we never experience anything like it again.

Till next time,
Di xx

1 comment:

Michele Stone said...

I have to admit, when I saw the photos of this I thought "wow that's gorgeous" - until someone mentioned the cleanup...don't envy you that at all.

It was stunning though.

I think we even got some of your red dust here in NZ...

About This Blog

Blog banner from Note to Self - Blog in a Box by Zoe Pearn and available at Sweet Shoppe Designs.

And thanks to Sherly Nie of Clean+Unique Designs for her help in getting the blog looking pretty.

Lorem Ipsum

Text

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP