Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 7 of 30

Day 7 – Your dream wedding


I think I had my dream wedding some 20 years ago! It was simple, elegant, and filled with all the people I loved at the time!  It was a real family affair, with my girlfriend's dad marrying us in the church that I had basically grown up in!  The reception was in an old country house!

If I could do it all again, I really don't think I'd change very much, except to bring everything up-to-date style wise.

Here's a couple of pictures I've found on the web, that would fit the bill for my dream wedding today!

Colour - love this pallete.  Very neutral and subdued!

Dress - plain, simple, elegant

Location - I think this setting just looks beautiful

Flowers - this bouquet would suit the above dress beautifully

Cake - a little quirky, but still very elegant, and a great match for the flowers.

Bridesmaids - love the missmatch idea, and these dresses are gorgeous





Honeymoon - well....one can dream!



And to have all this I would have to be super, super rich!  Either that, or marry someone super, super rich!  Really, the actual wedding is just one day!  And I think way to much money is spent these days on weddings.  As long as you are marrying the person of your dreams, one who will be with you through thick and thin, and love you just as much in 20 years or 50 years time, is really all that matters!  I'm glad to say that I've married a keeper!  And we're still in love as much today, as we were all those years ago when we married!  Ahhhhhh....sweet love!


Thirty Days of Me - full list
Photobucket

No comments:

About This Blog

Blog banner from Note to Self - Blog in a Box by Zoe Pearn and available at Sweet Shoppe Designs.

And thanks to Sherly Nie of Clean+Unique Designs for her help in getting the blog looking pretty.

Lorem Ipsum

Text

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP