Monday, August 10, 2009

poor neglected blog ...

Hmmmm. It's been a while. Nearly 2 months...but who's counting. Funny how life just gets in the way sometimes. Lots has been happening, so I'll do a quick catchup.
  • Aidan has been exploring his creative side, by starring in a play called Arsenic and Old Lace at the Cronulla Arts Theatre. You may have seen the old movie starring Cary Grant. He plays 2 small parts...but has been thoroughly enjoying the experience. I haven't been to see it yet, but have tickets for 22August. The season finishes mid Sept, so it will be nice to have him home at nights again.

  • Em has been busy with her dancing and gymnastics. She scored an 8th place (out of about 30 girls) in a choreography competition where she had to make up her own dance. She loved the fact that she could make up her own dance. She's performed in the Regional Dance Festival with school. She came 3rd place overall in her recent gym comp, coming 1st in her floor routine. She's recently completed her level 3 tap exams (still waiting for the results). And has just gone back to school after a 2 week break. She found a love for ice skating while on hols, so we're just trying to work out if we can fit classes into our weekly schedule. Maybe next term.

  • I've been busy with life and work. With the downturn in the economy, we've had to put lots of specials into the market, and air ticket prices have been up to 50% off what they were last year. Sometimes a 5-day fortnight is just not enough time to get all the work done....but I really don't want to do anymore than that. I've had my first ever bout of diverticulitis...which is the most painful thing I've ever experienced. I thought I was going through childbirth. Never want to go there again. So I've been increasing the fibre in my diet. I've been scrapping up a storm. I've been competing in the Battle of the Creative Teams over at Digi Scrap Addicts. I'm one of Lyndsay Riches 'Ladiez', and we've had a ton of fun using Lynz's products in each of the challenges. We're at the last round stage, and don't think we'll win...but it's sure been great to create within the comp criteria over the last 4 weeks.

  • Mum turned 70 on Thursday, so I had the family to stay most of last week. My brother came down from QLD, and mum & dad came up from the coast. It was great to have the family together for nearly a whole week. She didn't want a lot of fuss, so we celebrated her day with dinner with some of her Sydney friends on Thursday night. We'd bought her tickets to see Chicago on Saturday, so dad organised for them to spend the night at Star City. I think they had a blast.

And our big news is that we bought a new car. We'd decided that this was the year, and had only started looking around, but we ended up getting the deal of the century...so couldn't resist. Here she is. A Mitsubishi Lancer.


Em has called her LuLu....and I think that suits.

So that just about brings you up to date. I'm back on track now...so should be updating more regularly.

Till next time,
Di xx

1 comment:

renka20 said...

Wow, Di, seems like you are having a blast! (Besides the sickness, of course..glad you are feeling better.)
I didn't know you were competing at the DSA. Will have to go check it out!

About This Blog

Blog banner from Note to Self - Blog in a Box by Zoe Pearn and available at Sweet Shoppe Designs.

And thanks to Sherly Nie of Clean+Unique Designs for her help in getting the blog looking pretty.

Lorem Ipsum

Text

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP